Why does lithium battery lead the development of new energy industry?
In the past two years, as a new industry, new energy is a topic that is often mentioned by everyone. New energy vehicles have received strong support from the state, and lithium battery, as the core power source, has promoted the development of the industry. What exactly is a lithium battery? Why is it sitting so high? Today I will have a brief chat with you.
What is lithium battery?
Lithium battery is a lithium oxygen compound as the positive electrode, and the negative electrode material, dissolved lithium salt organic solvent as electrolyte composition of the battery. Lithium batteries can be roughly divided into two categories: lithium metal batteries (primary charge) and lithium ion batteries (secondary charge). The chemical characteristics of lithium metal battery are very lively, making the processing, storage and use of lithium metal, very high requirements on the environment, so lithium metal battery has not been used for a long time, now we talk about lithium battery is lithium ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries do not contain metallic lithium and are rechargeable because they are also called secondary batteries. As a new type of energy storage battery, it is gradually replacing the traditional lead-acid battery.
Lithium ion battery (hereinafter referred to as lithium battery) and lead-acid battery difference?
Compared with lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries have the advantages that lead-acid batteries cannot replicate, which can be mainly summarized as the following points:
: 1, the weight energy density is currently yes lithium batteries the lithium battery energy density is in commonly 200 ~ 260 wh/g, lead acid is in commonly 50 ~ 70 wh/g, then the weight energy density of lithium battery is lead-acid 3 ~ 5 times, this means that under the condition of same capacity, lead-acid battery is lithium battery of 3 ~ 5 times, so the energy storage device on the lightweight, lithium battery occupy absolute advantage.
2. Volume energy density: the volume capacity density of lithium battery is usually about 1.5-2 times that of lead-acid battery, so under the same capacity, the volume of lithium battery is about 30% to 50% smaller than that of lead-acid battery.
3. Service life: the cycle time of lithium battery is more than 2000 times, and the cycle time of lead-acid battery is usually about 300~350 times, so the service life of lithium battery is about 3-6 times of lead-acid battery.
4. Charging and maintenance: lithium battery has the function of quick charging. Under the condition of the same specification capacity, the charging time of lithium battery is only 1/2 of that of lead-acid battery. At the same time, lead-acid battery charging is relatively complex, because lead-acid battery has memory effect, such as improper charging, will lead to the reduction of battery capacity; However, lithium battery has no memory effect, so there is no need for special methods in charge maintenance, and there is no need to worry about battery capacity reduction and other problems caused by insufficient charging.
5. Environmental protection: there is a large amount of lead in lead-acid battery, which will cause environmental pollution if it is improperly disposed after disposal; Lithium battery in the production of more green, less environmental pollution, long service life can also be appropriate to avoid ordinary battery replacement of environmental pollution.
6. Price: at present, lithium battery is more expensive than lead acid in price, which is about three times, but combined with service life analysis, the same cost of investment, is still lithium battery service cycle to be longer. Lead acid battery warranty period is 1 year, the general life in 1-1.5 years need to replace the new battery, and lithium battery warranty period can reach 2-3 years, if properly maintained, can use 5-10 years. But combined with service life and maintenance costs, lithium batteries are more cost-effective than lead-acid batteries.
Combined with the above, the charm of lithium battery is self-evident. Lead-acid batteries will replace them in the near future, and are already on their way.