Advantages and applications of lithium ion batteries
Advantages of lithium-ion batteries
Compared with other types of batteries, lithium-ion batteries have the following significant advantages.
High working voltage. The operating voltage of the lithium cobalt ion battery is 3. 6V, lithium manganate lithium ion battery operating voltage is 3. 7V, lithium iron phosphate lithium ion battery operating voltage is 3. The operating voltage of nickel-metal hydride and nickel-cadmium batteries is only 1. 2 v.
(2) high energy density. The theoretical energy density of the anode material of lithium ion battery can be more than 200W·h/kg. Due to the irreversible loss of capacity in practical application, the energy density is usually lower than this value, but it can also be up to 140W·h/kg, which is still 3 times higher than that of nickel-cadmium battery and 1 times higher than that of nickel-hydride battery. 5 times.
(3) long cycle life. At present, under the condition of deep discharge, the cycle times of lithium ion battery can reach more than 1000 times. Under the condition of low discharge depth, the cycle times can be up to tens of thousands of times, and its performance is much better than other similar batteries.
(4) small self discharge. The monthly self-discharge rate of li-ion battery is only 5% ~ 9% of the total capacitance, which greatly alleviates the problem of power loss caused by self-discharge when the traditional secondary battery is placed.
(5) no memory effect.
High environmental protection. Compared with the environmental pollution caused by the waste of traditional lead-acid batteries, nickel-cadmium batteries and even nickel-hydride batteries, lithium ion batteries do not contain mercury, lead, cadmium and other harmful elements and are truly green batteries. With the rapid development of mobile electronic devices and the increasing demand for energy, the demand for lithium ion batteries is increasing. Due to its high capacity, moderate voltage, wide range of sources, long cycle life, low cost, good performance and no pollution to the environment, lithium ion battery can not only be used as a mobile communication tool, but also as a power source for the rapidly developing electric vehicles.
Lithium ion battery use category
At present, mobile phones, notebook computers, micro cameras and other electrical appliances that need portable power supply have become an indispensable part of people's life. In terms of power supply, lithium ion battery has been selected as the mainstream of the market without exception. According to statistics, the global production of mobile phones every year nearly 2.1 billion, the global production of notebook computers every year about 1. 500 million, forming a huge market for lithium ion battery applications. In this field, lithium cobalt acid, lithium manganese acid lithium ion battery occupies the leading position.
(2) application in the transportation industry with the progress of social civilization, people's awareness of environmental protection is improving and their requirements for the environment are rising day by day. Environment-friendly vehicles have entered people's vision. At present, China's electric light vehicles, mainly electric bicycles, have shown a trend of vigorous development. Lithium ion batteries have begun to be applied in some high-end models. In terms of electric vehicle development, lithium ion batteries have become the mainstream. In China, lithium ion batteries are used in more than half of the electric vehicles developed by many automobile research and production enterprises, and there is a trend of gradual expansion. Internationally, pure electric cars and plug-in hybrids such as nissan's Leaf, mitsubishi's i-miev and general motors' Volt have been announced for sale with lithium-ion battery systems.
(3) application in military equipment and aerospace industry. In military equipment, lithium ion battery is mainly used as power supply for power startup, power supply for wireless communication stations and power supply for micro unmanned reconnaissance aircraft
In addition, such as laser sight, night vision, pilot life-saving radio power supply are now widely used lithium-ion batteries. In the space sector, lithium-ion batteries have been used in geostationary and low-orbit communications satellites as power for launch and in-flight calibration and ground operations.
(4) other lithium ion battery's own structure characteristics and working principle of special, determines its rich raw materials, environmental protection, high specific capacity, cycle performance and safety performance is good wait for a characteristic, in the medical industry (for example, hearing AIDS, heart pacemakers, etc.), the petrochemical industry (oil, for example, the power load adjustment), the power industry (for example, energy storage power) have broad application prospects. In the pursuit of energy green today, has more important significance.